2011 – A Knitting Wrap Up
Well…2011 ended on a fairly low note on the knitting front. Must. Step. Up. My. Game.
I won’t give excuses because I’m proud of what I finished up. Reasons why numbers are down:
- We moved. Many of these items were in storage for approximately 2 months
- I fell in love with reading…again (expect a “2011 a Reading Wrap Up” soon)
- Life. It happens
So as a round up, I finished:
- 1 Shawl
- 1 Adult Cardigan
- 4 Pairs of Socks
- 1 Hat
- 1 Cute Toy
- 1 Cowl
- 2 Christmas Decorations
- 1 Sweater
- 2 Baby Items
Did I want to complete more? Absolutely! Haven’t we all??
So. Moving forward, on this, the 9th day of 2012, I plan:
- To make more of a dent into my stash. My friend, Lindsey, calculated how much yarn she has and is making attempts to put a dent in it. She even went so far to calculate how many miles of yarn she has. I did too. But I won’t share that calculation on internets. Needless to say I want to make a dent in my stash. Won’t go so far as declare a yarn diet. Let’s face it. It won’t last! but I do want to make a dent. I hope to try to develop a widget or something on the right side of my blog to keep track of how many yards I’ve knitted.
- Knit more. Of course.
- More specifically-SOCKS! I’ve been so enamored with intricate fair isle patterns be it for Christmas stockings, baby cardis or adult sweaters. I must never under-estimate how much socks are appreciated. It’s getting cold out! Jermaine and I need socks and like with #1, I hope to keep a tally on the right side of this blog to keep track.
- I want to be more decisive about my knitting. There have been some cardigans that just didn’t make the cut. I need to make those decisions more definitively instead of them just waiting around in my projects box. Life is way too short to be working on “meh” projects. (That, ladies and gents, you can put on my tombstone!)
In light of #3 (Technically, it was 2B but whatever)
I present you with socks I hope to finish really really soon:
- The first one is the Through The Loops Mystery Sock. So much fun. Join in the fun! (it’s fabulous to let yourself be surprised. Really. I don’t think we let ourselves be surprised much be it through knitting or life. There are clues every week of January. Since I’m knitting them two at a time, I hope to have these completed by the end of this month.
- The middle one is Cookie A’s Pointelle sock. I’ve wanted to make this one since I received Knit. Sock. Love. Went stash diving (GO ME!!! ) and found this nice lighter toned sock yarn. It’s such a fun pattern. I hope to have sock numero uno done soon.
- The third one is a pair of fabulously loud socks I started last spring. I’m not proud. I started them in the car with our wonderful realtor while we were driving to various houses. The first sock has been complete for a while. The second one gained momentum over the holidays so yaaaaaaaaaay!
I am someone that likes keeping visual track of my goals. Hope to make myself more accountable to them this year!